We seek a full-time Accounting Assistant to work in the Bartlett-based business office of Logical Systems LLC. Logical Systems provides engineering and project management services and has been in business since 1985. The Company maintains multiple offices across the United States, with international offices in Canada and China. Logical Systems has been recognized as a Top Workplace in the Memphis area every year from 2017 through 2020 by The Commercial Appeal.
Job Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Review and reconcile monthly purchasing card statements. Match purchases with supporting documentation. Code and record expenses to proper general ledger accounts.
- Receive requests for new projects and set up new jobs in the general ledger system. Organize and file related job request forms, purchase orders, contracts, etc. for later retrieval.
- Maintain a daily log of unapproved purchases in coordination with the activities of the accounts- payable accountant.
- Assist the billing accountant with the monthly delivery of invoices.
- Maintain logs of customer orders and report to management daily.
- Backup the accounts payable accountant to enter invoices into the general ledger system.
- Assist with the filing of monthly sales tax reports.
- Perform other accounting and administrative tasks as requested.
- Bachelors or associate degree with a business major or concentration preferred.
- Experience performing corporate accounting duties.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with an intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word products.
- Experience working with general ledger systems, with preference given to experience with a job/project-based accounting system such as Deltek Vision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good level of organization skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks. Good project management skills.