DCS Engineers work under the direct supervision of a Senior Developer to design and develop software systems that control the process or machine in the desired manner. The Engineer will apply instrumentation, control valves, Motors/VFDs, control system hardware, and PC/DCS configuration to deliver an automation system that meets the user’s needs utilizing the minimum essential design. Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and develops configurations including testing, debugging and documenting configurations.
DCS Engineers display high integrity, a willingness to go beyond the ordinary to meet and exceed client expectations, a desire for continual challenge and development, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Reports To: Operations Director
Responsibilities for this job may include but are not limited to:
- Develop PC and/or DCS configurations as directed by a Senior Developer.
- Organize project data into manageable spreadsheets and databases.
- Design and configure HMI (human-machine interface) graphics as directed by a Senior Developer.
- Perform network and I/O checkout on the installed control system and document the checkout results.
- Provide post-commissioning support to the client’s operations, engineering, and maintenance personnel.
- Travel to the client’s site as required.
Required Job Qualifications:
- An associate degree in a related area or 2-5 years of DCS Configuration experience in the field or in a related area.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, or other relevant Engineering field.
- Process control experience in chemical, food, or pulp and paper
- Experience with any or all the below systems:
- Rockwell Plant PAX
- Siemens PCS7
- Emerson Delta V
- Honeywell Experion
- Novatech D3
LSI Can Help You
Let LSI listen to your challenges today, and we’ll work together to write a success story for you.
Not Quite Ready? Read Some of Our Success Stories