Level I Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Engineers initiate, design, develop, optimize, and problem solve manufacturing processes in a manner that meets safety, quality, and operational performance expectations.
The engineer should have excellent interpersonal skills as a requirement will be to work on multi-disciplinary teams and with clients. Mechanical Engineers display high integrity, a willingness to go beyond the ordinary to meet and exceed client expectations, a desire for continual challenge and development, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Reports To: Branch Manager or Process Control Lead or Machine Control Lead
Responsibilities for this job may include but are not limited to:
- Design mechanical systems for automation and control of manufacturing equipment
- Create and analyze process and instrumentation diagrams
- Experience with PLC, DCS, and similar electrical controls systems
- Field verify piping drawings, P&ID’s, or other equipment drawings and markup to represent as-built conditions
- Provide on-site construction support as required to ensure proper installation of equipment or piping
- Implement other protocols and/or mediums to provide communication to PLC and ERP systems.
- Researching client’s manufacturing and assembly methods to optimize performance
- Gather information and assist senior staff to develop technical documentation, proposals, and presentations for clients
- Perform on-site consultations with systems operators
- Work with senior staff to understand company technical policies and procedures during the execution of projects for clients
- Travel to the client’s site as required
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1 year of experience in a similar engineering role
- Familiar with AutoCad, Solidworks, or other computer aided design package
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with automation and process control systems and integration.
- Experience in manufacturing industries.