MES Solutions Developer
Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Solutions Developers communicate with clients’ management and production personnel to understand user requirements and specifics about existing MES and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and use this knowledge to design and implement a complete MES Solution.
MES Solutions cover product tracking, resource allocation, performance analysis, process management, data collection, quality management, labor management, and dispatching.
Reports To: Branch Manager
Responsibilities for this job may include but are not limited to:
- Analyze clients’ MES requirements to design the best fit system or modify an existing system.
- Develop functional specification documents.
- Program in visual basic, C#, C++, ASP, .NET framework, SQL, etc.
- Program in a system platform such as ArchestrA, Proficy, Factory Talk, PI
- Implement OPC server-client configurations to establish communication between the control system and MES layer.
- Implement other protocols and/or mediums to provide communication to PLC and ERP systems.
- Simulate and Test the MES solution.
- Implement and commission the MES solution at the client site
Required Job Qualifications:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- Minimum of 1 year of MES development experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
- Strong ability to learn the manufacturing process
- Programming/Development skills in the following: any programming language in the .Net framework (VB .NET, C sharp, C++, etc.)
- Database experience with SQL server or equivalent
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Understanding of production, engineering, and production processes in an industrial environment.
- Ability to understand key business metrics and KPI’s from client interaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non technical audiences such as: operations, IT, and engineering personnel
- Aptitude and/or proven experience in other graphical programming environments
- Knowledge of Wonderware’s System Platform (ArchestrA), Rockwell Automation’s Factory Talk suite of products, GE Proficy, OSI PI, or similar platforms
- Understanding of automation systems including PLC and/or DCS platforms
- Experience in integrating ERP systems to MES systems
- Experience with server environments and industrial networking