Logical Systems (LSI) LLC, is an established multi-disciplinary engineering company founded in Memphis, Tennessee in 1985. Today, LSI is comprised of 250+ engineers and staff located around the US (Tennessee, Georgia, California, Colorado, Iowa, etc.), and at three international locations (Canada, Taiwan, and Mainland China).
LSI’s location in Ontario, Canada was established in 2013. Engineers at LSI have the opportunity to work on a wide range of processes in a diverse range of industries, including: Food and Beverage, Brewing and Distilling, Chemical, Pulp and Paper, Power Generation, Natural Gas, Pharmaceutical, and many others. Domestic & international client projects range from small, single-person efforts to team efforts on multi-million-dollar multi-year projects. To successfully complete projects, LSI utilizes multi-disciplinary teams of Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Control Systems Engineers, Process/Chemical Engineers, and Programmers.
Engineers can expect to work on projects from conception to the final hand-off to the client while expanding their knowledge in various engineering disciplines and across the industries we serve. Project work may include: design, programming, configuration, fabrication, installation, commissioning, testing, etc. LSI is a fast-growing company that will provide the opportunity for professional growth, and a diverse and dynamic work environment.
Process Engineers work with clients to produce detailed process designs and simulations for new equipment, or to modify existing process designs to correct deficiencies.
This work involves the entire project life cycle, including creating job proposals for clients, performing the detailed process design, simulating the process, providing support during project start-up, and validating process performance after start-up.
Reports To: Operations Director
Responsibilities for this job may include but are not limited to:
- Interface with customers to develop User Requirements documentation.
- Perform initial feasibility studies for proposed projects, resulting in a feasibility-level cost estimate and supporting documentation for the project.
- Analyze process data from existing plants to locate process bottlenecks, potential energy savings, root causes for off-spec products, or other process-related issues.
- Develop and review Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID).
- Perform mass and energy balance calculations.
- Work with Control Systems Engineers to insure that instrumentation and final control elements are designed into the process for optimal process control.
- Develop process design and review with Mechanical Engineers and Designers as required to verify that the piping and mechanical design is appropriate to meet the requirements of the process.
- Provide construction and start-up assistance to guarantee that the process is being constructed per design and provide technical support for issues that arise during construction and start-up.
- Validate process performance after start-up using Key Performance Indicators (KPI) or other methods determined by the User Requirements.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a related process engineering role.
- Preference to be a Professional Engineer in Ontario
Preferred Job Experience:
- Project experience ideally in the food and beverage industry.
- Experience designing various unit operations such as process plants, distillation facilities, skid systems (CIP, pasteurizers), heat exchangers, vessels, etc.
- Experience with process design and simulation software.
- ACAD experience required
- 3D modeling an asset
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers.