Senior Electrical Designer
Electrical Designer utilizes electrical knowledge and design skills to develop electrical drawings including schematics, interconnections, IO drawings, loop sheets, single-line and three-line diagrams, and other design or CAD drawings to support projects in a number of industries.
Responsibilities for this job may include but are not limited to:
- Field verify electrical drawings or other equipment drawings and markup to represent as-built conditions.
- Develop electrical design deliverables for complete projects to produce a design package that is technically accurate, conforms to industry and client standards, constructible, and efficient. Deliverables include site layout drawings, interconnection diagrams, I/O drawings, control panel layouts, motor elementaries, loop drawings, 1-line and 3-line power drawings, network drawings, cable schedules, bill of materials, and construction scope of work documents.
- Check other resource’s design drawings and supplier equipment drawings.
- Provide on-site electrical construction support and I/O checkout support as needed.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Current working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) with the ability to locate solutions to code questions.
- Ability to identify field devices (proximity switches, photo eyes, solenoid valves, etc.) for the purpose of producing schematics.
- Advanced and current working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical and/or AutoCAD LT.
- Advanced and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, design and drafting skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and review engineering drawings.
- Ability to travel to client’s sites as required.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and access industrial equipment for field verification.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment within LSI and client resources.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical equipment and installation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field or equivalent progressive experience in a similar position.
- Five or more years of directly related experience.
- Must possess strong electrical design fundamentals including a background knowledge of NEC and IEEE standards.