LSI provides complete systems integration and upgrade/migration services to the logistics and package handling industry.
Logistic companies play an ever-increasing role for businesses and consumers alike, delivering goods during lockdown restrictions, including critical vaccines. Companies require their sortation and distribution facilities to have improved throughput, scanning accuracy, and reliability in their systems to stay competitive. Downtime is unacceptable, and LSI understands what it takes to mitigate the risks of installing new or upgraded controls, performing retrofits or expansions.
Logistics and Package Handling Services and Support
As an independent systems integrator, LSI brings a wide range of capabilities and OEM support, some of which are listed below:
- Bulk conveying and transport systems
- High-speed package sortation
- Focus on accuracy, throughput, high availability, and package integrity
- Integration with package singulators, gappers, and splitter equipment OEMs, including but not limited to:
- Barcode scanning
- Package/pallet labeling and tracking
- In-motion parcel weighing
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) / Upper-Level System integration
- Data Intelligence – data mining, analysis, predictive analytics
- Volume/Flow Measuring and Management Systems
- Operator Displays/Marquees for the plant floor
- Overall Equipment Efficiency calculations
- Panel fabrication
Whether it’s a large greenfield project or a small PLC conversion, LSI has the engineering depth to respond with confidence and the agility to adapt to any project size. At last count, our team has over 100 combined years of logistics and package handling project experience.
On a recent sortation facility project, LSI’s team reduced the cut-over schedule by 60%, enabling our client to migrate quickly to their new control system. It all starts with listening, learning, and understanding our clients’ processes and business drivers. It’s more than having great engineers and programmers; we want to understand your processes and systems so we can recommend superior operational solutions that are simple, robust, and easy to maintain.
A Versatile Approach
LSI routinely participates in projects at varying levels of engagement including:
- EPC (Engineer, Procure, Construct)
- Responsible for all project activities from design, procurement, construction, to commissioning and handover to the end-user or owner.
- CM (Construction Management)
- Subcontractor to a General Contractor
- Owner’s Representative
- Advising the owner while managing and executing a design and construction project on their behalf. Ensuring that the project comes in on time and under budget.
- OEM Integration Support
- When an off-the-shelf product needs to be integrated into the client’s current system, LSI brings the domain expertise to make the tie-in a seamless project.
Staying at the forefront of technology is essential for our customer’s success and LSI’s growth. LSI is continually learning and adapting to the changing technology landscape, and this ensures the design and delivery of superior, cutting-edge, operational solutions.
LSI offers a deep level of platform expertise and partner level relationships, including Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, Siemens Solution Partner, OSIsoft Premier Partner, Aveva Wonderware Certified SI Partner, Ignition Certified Partner, Harber DB Preferred Partner, Kelvin SI Partner, Pattern Discovery Certified Partner, PTC Solution Provider Partner, RtTech Software Certified Partner, and Viziya Certified Partner.
Customer success is paramount, and we partner with any manufacturer or software provider to ensure it. In addition to our partners, our team has experience with Bailey, Fisher, Honeywell, Emerson, Intellution, Omron, ABB, Mynah, Provox, VMWare, Modicon, GE, ICONICS, Cape Software, Foxboro, Cape Software, and many more.
After listening to the requirements of your unique application, our team of engineers, programmers and experts will successfully integrate the right technology to ensure that your operation runs smoothly and efficiently.
Our singular goal is to exceed the expectations of our customers. We base our reputation on it.