Level II-III Panel Fabricator
Under the direction of the Panel Shop Manager, the Panel Fabricator uses schematics to wire panels, control boxes, J-Boxes, PLC’s, HMI’s and various other electrical components.
The Panel Fabricator will also fabricate cut-outs in enclosures for various electrical hardware components. The use of different electrical and pneumatic hand tools is necessary to complete day-to-day tasks as is basic mechanical ability with other hand tools. Working knowledge of electrical schematics, electrical components, wire gauges, electrical standards and wiring troubleshooting skills.
Reports To: Panel Shop Manager
Roles and responsibilities for this job may include but are not limited to:
- Reads and interprets wiring diagrams, point to point wiring schedules, and schematics.
- Able to spot inconsistencies in drawings and discrepancies in paperwork and to ask or answer questions during assembly process.
- Able to commit to a deadline or relay to Panel Shop Manager when deadlines may slip.
- Work closely with electrical engineering team to resolve any issues.
- Performs routine tasks in preparation for assembly, such as cutting wire to specified size, stripping, and fastening terminal connections.
- Performs wiring of electrical components and labeling of all devices and wires.
- Able to determine if components need repair or are unrepairable. Repair when required.
- Uses common hand tools to prepare and assemble components, din rail and wire duct to complete electrical panels to print.
- Chooses appropriate wire colors and gauges required to complete wiring to all applicable codes, specifications and regulations.
- Exercise safe work habits and maintain a clean and safe working area
- Field wiring of control cabinets into machinery if needed.
- Assist Engineers and Electrical Control Technicians with machine startup and debug.
- Arranges for packing and shipment of panels.
- Experience working with lower level fabricators to answer questions.
Required Job Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience (minimum) in panel/machine wiring
- Ability to read electrical prints/schematics required
- Must be familiar with PLC, power supply and VFD wiring techniques
- Knowledge of many makes and models of components, how to install, and how to wire.
- Ability to use multi-meter to read voltage, current and resistance required
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and component connections in accordance with UL and UL508A
- Proficient in industry electrical code, NEC, ANSI, NFPA, and OSHA.