The Shipping and Receiving Clerk will manage accurate receiving of materials/products for the purpose of maintaining the integrity of inventory control and ensure delivery of materials/products to the appropriate department and projects. Normal work hours are 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
The Receiving Clerk will perform the following duties or additional duties as assigned:
- Examine and unpack incoming shipments for quantities, shortages or damaged goods.
- Report any discrepancies between the order received and order placed.
- Verify information against invoices, orders, bills of lading, packing slips or other records. Report discrepancies to the vendor and internal parties.
- Enter receiving information into the Vision accounting system for processing.
- Direct the unloading of shipments from the delivery and designate a holding area in the receiving department or deliver items to various departments as needed.
- Organize materials held in the receiving area and other holding areas by job and maintain a clean area.
- Control the issuance of all materials from the receiving area or other holding locations to the jobs. Update logs or other records to reflect issuance of materials.
- Create shipping/packing labels and schedule pick up with carriers.
- Prepare and schedule returns of items as needed and communicate all returns to accounting to ensure proper credit is received.
- Assist with transporting materials on the company’s campus as needed. May be required to operate a fork truck to move materials.
- Wear personal protective equipment when required.
Required Job Qualifications
- A Minimum of 2 years receiving experience
- Working knowledge of computerized inventory control software systems
- Excellent math skills and overall PC literacy (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices and shipping/receiving slips
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Operate a pallet jack
- Required to frequently: Stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend, or reach
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check, drug screen and E-verify.
- Proficient in English.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Familiar with operating a fork truck, preferably with certification.
- High school diploma or other higher education.
- Subsidized health insurance
- 401k retirement plan with employer match
- Employer paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- Paid sick leave allotment
LSI Can Help You
Let LSI listen to your challenges today, and we’ll work together to write a success story for you.
Not Quite Ready? Read Some of Our Success Stories