Electrical CAD Designer
We seek a full-time, experienced Electrical CAD Designer to work in the Rossville-based business office of Logical Systems LLC (“LSI”). LSI provides engineering and project management services and has been in business since 1985. LSI is a growing company that is ranked as the 13th largest System Integrator in the United States for 2022 by Control Engineering magazine. The Company maintains multiple offices across the United States, with international offices in Canada and China. LSI has been recognized as a Top Workplace every year from 2017 through 2021 by The Commercial Appeal.
Electrical Designer utilizes electrical knowledge and design skills to develop electrical drawings including schematics, interconnections, IO drawings, loop sheets, single-line and three-line diagrams, and other design or CAD drawings to support projects in a number of industries.
- Field verifies electrical drawings or other equipment drawings and mark-up to represent as-built conditions.
- Develop electrical design deliverables for complete projects to produce a design package that is technically accurate, conforms to industry and client standards, constructible, and efficient. Deliverables include site layout drawings, interconnection diagrams, I/O drawings, control panel layouts, motor elementaries, loop drawings, 1-line and 3-line power drawings, network drawings, cable schedules, bill of materials, and construction scope of work documents.
- Check other resource’s design drawings and supplier equipment drawings
- Ability to identify field devices (proximity switches, photo eyes, solenoid valves, etc.) for the purpose of producing schematics.
- Current working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical and/or AutoCAD LT, ePLAN or MicroStation.
- Current working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, design and drafting skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and review engineering drawings.
- Ability to travel to client’s sites as required.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and access industrial equipment for field verification.
- Possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment within LSI and client resources.
- Knowledge and experience with electrical equipment and installation.
- Associate’s Degree in engineering or related field or equivalent progressive experience in a similar position.
- Must possess strong electrical design fundamentals and preferably a background knowledge of NEC and IEEE standards.